SHARE this video on...
A famous German treat,
an Israel entrepreneur,
an Italian Bretzel Barista,
an English baker
... and an intrepid hungry
traveler in search of a warm bretzel!
What do they have on common? Watch the video below to find out.
Find the Bretzel bar on the Culinary Compass map.
• 1 teaspoon yeast
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 2-3 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup warm milk
The Steps to Follow
- Combine the ingredients, except for 1 cup of flour in a bowl. Mix it all together until all the ingredients are incorporated. Slowly add the remaining cup of flour as you continue to mix until it forms a nice dough.
- Take the douh and put in on a cutting board. Knead it by hand for 5 to 10 minutes until the dough begins to get smooth and satiny.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces and roll each one into a short log
- Cover with a towel and let the dough relax for 5 minutes. Roll it thinner.
- Cover with a towel and let the dough relax for 5 minutes AGAIN!
- Roll and shape
- Brush with egg wash
- Sprinkle on salt
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees